Thursday, February 10, 2011

More Food!

I know this seems a little redundant and I hope no one is truly bored by this (other than my co-workers), but I promise that as soon as I tire of cooking (which, based on my attention span, shouldn't be long now), we will be back to regularly scheduled programming on the blog. However, in my internet travels, I found this awesome and easy recipe for mini turkey meatloaf in a muffin tin! I think I am in love with muffin tin cooking. It is fun to mold or pour food right in the little nooks and see what comes out. Here is the latest creation...feel free to adapt/change/add anything you want, just be prepared that if you agg more, you will use more than one 12 cup tin.
Mini Turkey Meatloaf in a Muffin Tin:
Ingredients: 
* 2 pounds or 2 container (mine were 1.3 lbs. a piece) lean ground turkey (93/7)
*1 box any flavor stove top stuffing
*2 egg whites or 1 egg white and 1 whole egg (I used 2 whites and may try the other way next time)
*1 onion, finely chopped (optional)

Directions:
*Combine everything in a large bowl
*press into lightly sprayed (oil or pam) tin. They will be rounded at the top
*Bake for 35 minutes at 350
*Enjoy and add/change things to make it fun (i.e. 2% cheese etc.)

                                                      Nutritional Info per serving (1):
Calories: 164.5

Total Fat: 5.8 g
Cholesterol: 53.3 mg
Sodium: 277.1 mg
Total Carbs: 10.6 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.5 g
Protein: 16.7 g


No comments:

Post a Comment