Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Day in my Pocketbook (*Pouch*)


I happen to not mind the medical reference to my new stomach as a "pouch" but some of my friends think that I sound like a marsupial getting ready to smuggle my furry baby somewhere illegal. So I have decided to call it my "pocketbook" in hopes that it will sound fancy. Well, I suppose it is designer made. Anyway, so I thought I would bring you a day in the life of my "pocketbook." As it happens, with my new breakfast, lunch and Super Bowl recipes that I tried, it was a high calorie day...a whopping 823 calories total with 26 grams of fat and 67 grams of protein. If I rifle around in there a bit, I may be able to tell you the breakdown. . .

Breakfast
Crustless Quiche: 5-6 eggs (we used egg beater equivalent), any mix ins you would like (we used chopped red pepper, 1-2 minced garlic cloves, 1/2 cup 2% shredded cheese, and salt/pepper. Pour over top one tator tot in each muffin slot and bake at 350 for 30 min. You can make mini ones in a mini pan without the tator tots too! Calories: 183, Fat: 6 and Protein:19 in 4 quiche muffins

Lunch: Protein shake: 1 scoop Syntrax Nectar (Fuzzy Navel flavor), 1 container activia light strawberry yogurt, 1/4 cup light cranberry juice and 1 cup frozen strawberries. Blend and enjoy!
Calories: 222, Fat: 0 and Protein: 28
                         Super Bowl:
1. Fage Feta Dip: 1 container (6oz) Fage, 1.5 Tablespoons pesto, 2 green onions chopped, heaping 1/4 cup crumbled sundried tomato and basil feta cheese. Blend in food processor until smooth, Top with chopped fresh red pepper.
Calories(I used 1 oz): 33, Fat: 2 and Protein: 3

2. Zucchini Parmesan Chips:                                  
*sliced zucchini dipped in 1/4 cup egg beaters
and shaken in a bag with 1/4 cup parmesan 
*Bake on cookie sheet at 425 for 15 min.
Calories in 1/2 of recipe: 89
Fat: 1 and Protein: 6                     Chicken Basil Tortilla Pizza
*One Low Carb Tortilla shell (I used Chi Chis 6"), 1/8 cup sauce of choice, 1 oz fresh mozzarella, chopped fresh basil, chopped red peppers, 1 oz shredded chicken. Lightly oil cookie sheet, load up toppings and bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until tortilla looks brown. It will crisp up very nicely!
Calories (roughly because it depends on toppings etc.): 238, Fat: 12 and Protein: 15

So there you have it...Super Bowl Sunday day in my "Pocketbook!" Hope you decide to try some of these recipes. They were fun and I enjoyed all of them a lot. You can make them "fatter" or "skinnier" as you wish given toppings, types of cheese, meat etc. I use Sparkpeople.com to help me track all my info. If you have any questions or need suggestions, feel free to ask. It was a very yummy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment